Sunday 15 May 2011

Sunday Rituals.

Sunday Rituals.

Oh sweet Sunday how dependable you are. You join us once a week and we relish in the idea of relaxation. What do you do on a typical sunday? Typical as in all those sundays that slip through the cracks. The sundays that come ritually through the year where you don't have a soccer game, a paper due or a backyard to landscape? 

For us. It's pajamas, coffee and snuggle time. It's enjoying one day where we spend it together. We either will find ourselves at the park, lapping up the rays while the mist from the playground waterworks keep us nice and cool. Sometimes, I spend the entire day just lounging on the couch with my four year old while my husband and I talk about ideas for our home,  soak our minds on HGTV delicious shows and just enjoy. 

Where good books come out, video games are OK to play and just not really worrying about anything except folding laundry. I dreamt of a Sunday like this while I shoveled screening into a wheel barrel. While I trudged that barrel into the backyard and continued the process (thankfully not shoveling all of it, just transporting it). I drifted into thoughts of snuggling in my koala bear comfy pants while I watched the men lay out the beautiful new grass (turf, plastic, not real) and bring all the hard work to fruition.  

Day of rest, I know you'll come again and I will cherish you but it was fun being chased around the red truck by a four year old with water guns. It was a good time finding fun craft ideas with a dear friend. And it was a memory to finally do something and feel great about seeing it pay off. 

Off to another week with my head on my pillow! Happy Sunday to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment